Best Family Water Parks for 2017
Although it's still winter here in the U.S., it’s about that time to start discussing the best Water Parks to visit in 2017. Here’s our list of water parks to travel to with your family this Spring + Summer.
There have been many recent announcements within the water theme park industry for 2017, but there are only two that have us really excited. Nothing else will compare to these new Water Parks, so let's take a look at each.
Universal’s Newest Water Park: Volcano Bay
When is Volcano Bay opening? Summer 2017
We’re all aware of Disney's Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, but this year Universal is ready to up the ante with their newest Theme Park, Volcano Bay Water Park. Volcano Bay is expected to open early summer of 2017, and include some amazing new thrills and experiences. Here’s a list of what to expect:
- A wearable RDIF bracelet, called the TapuTapu™, that will allow you to save your spot in long lines
- A four person canoe slide called the Krakatau™ Aqua Coaster
- A single body plunge ride, known as Ko’okiri™, will have a 70-degree fall and 125 feet of a drop
- A beach that includes waves for peaceful relaxation
- A scenic river village for all ages
Cedar Point’s Newest Water Park: Cedar Point Shores
When is Cedar Point Shores Opening? May 2017
Cedar Point Ohio, famous for their roller coasters, is planning on a full remodel and opening of their newest water park, called Cedar Point Shores. Formerly known as Soak City, the announcement of a much needed upgrade was made in August 2016. These upgrades to the Cedar Point Shores Water Park will include:
- Point Plummet slide will send 4 riders on a free fall at the same time
- A tube slide for single riders and pairs
- Kid-size water slides, designed for safety, allowing parents to relax while their kids enjoy the entertainment
- A new poolside bar, more lounge chairs, improved views of Lake Erie, and more
- 18 acres in total size
Schlitterbahn Water Parks
If you are unable to make it to Orlando or Ohio, Schlitterbahn operates 5 incredible water parks spread throughout Texas and Kansas, including Schlitterbahn Galveston Island (TX), New Braunfels (TX), South Padre Island (TX), Corpus Christi (TX), and Kansas City (KS).