Useful Tips For Moving Into A New Dorm
Want some useful tips to improve dorm room living?
We know that most students go through it and it’s not the easiest year. In the end though, it's definitely worth it. The experience helps you get along with others in the future, and truly develop your own personal preferences.
Dorm rooms will be a love/hate relationship for most freshmen college students. You and you're roommate are shacked up sharing a room, no privacy, loud noises, and a lot of dirty laundry, which are just a few issues to come across.
Everyone is always looking for tips and ideas to make the dorm lifestyle a better experience and we are here to help (hopefully).
BETWEEN CLASSES, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE PLENTY OF FREE TIME. DON'T WASTE IT! TAKE ADVANTAGE AND:
- Learn a language using Rosetta Stone or Fluenz. These programs can be expensive, which makes them the perfect holiday gift from family members.
- Complete puzzles. Depending on your dorm room size, choose the puzzle size appropriately. Puzzles improve hand-eye coordination, increase cognitive skills, and will help you get to know your roommate and neighbors better.
- Watch Netflix. Nonstop shows on your laptops, game consoles, phones, etc. Netflix offers a number of great options for entrepreneurs in any subject/field.
- Perform high intensity workouts right in your dorm room - good news is that you don't need to spend hours at a gym to get results. New studies show that intense and effective is better, even if it's just a few minutes per day
LOOK TO BUY EFFECTIVE AND USEFUL ITEMS, SUCH AS:
Clothes Hangers that conserve space
Great selection of tier styles, because you're going to want to make the most use of your closet space.
Storage bean bag
You get an extra seat for guests, and add additional storage at the same time.
Lightweight Portable Safe
You’re going to leave your valuables unguarded a lot going up and down hallways, or lose them going in and out of the building. Invest in SAFEGO, and secure your valuables inside your dorm room quick and easy. Attach it to your closet rod, desk drawer handles, bed frames, chairs, whatever. Easily the best bang for your buck in the door room safe industry. Durable, lightweight, compact - and most importantly, affordable!
LASTLY, MAKE SURE YOU GET THE PROPER AMOUNT OF SLEEP, AS THAT CAN CAUSE HEALTH ISSUES AND AFFECT YOUR SCHOOLWORK AND ONE'S ATTITUDE ON LIFE. YOU CAN ACHIEVE THIS BY:
- Making sure you get along with your roommate, as that can easily cause sleeping issues
- Buying earplugs if it's noisy
- Getting proper exercise throughout the day
- Keeping a clean atmosphere